Monday, March 4, 2019

Goals for the Month

One easy goal I hope to accomplish this month is to make 9 pillow cases with fabric from my friend Sheryll which she will then donate to a charity she knows. The fabric is part of her mother's stash which she is trying to whittle down. Each of us Frankfort Gals took a stack to help Sheryll in this endeavor.

Sheryll had stacked the fabrics by color, so I took all the greens. Hey, it is March, after all!! Inside each of these is a complimentary fabric for use as the cuff of the pillow case.

Another thing I did was dig out the BH&G New Year's Resolution list that I printed off in early January. I see that making these pillow cases will suffice for item #2 - donate a pillowcase to charity. I have circled it, and will check it off when I have delivered the finished goods back to Sheryll.

Scanning down the list, you see that I have also circled item #20 - take picture/journal about each quilt I make. I do this through the blog, here, and also pretty faithfully on Instagram, so I could go ahead and check it off, too.

Turning the list over and checking items 26-50, I have circled a few more items. One is that #39 which is nearly the same as #20 in my case. Post a photo on social media. I have done this several times already this year, so I will be checking this off. I am sort of a regular on social media.

Item # 40 is to learn a new embroidery stitch. I need to learn something called a colonial knot; once I have learned it, I can check this one off! I definitely need to learn it, too, because that is all that is standing between me and a finish on that sweet little embroidery project I have been working on. (Scroll back a few posts to see it.)

Item 44 is to finish a UFO - I can check this off! I did that with the Double 9-Patch quilts I made late last month. What a great feeling to have that done at long last.

Coming up on Friday, we Frankfort Girls will take care of item #46 - take part in a block exchange - we will have our 9-patch blocks with us and our exchange will take place when we meet at Sharon's! I am excited, as I will use my new blocks to finish off that quilt I made several weeks ago that ended up being too short for the bed. The pic below shows my half-quilt. Those exchange blocks are going to be put to use straight away in this little gem.


Will this be all I accomplish this month? I surely hope not! I do believe I have time for a few additional projects. We shall see how I do. Come on back tomorrow as I hope to give you an update on my churn dash quilt. I made a lot of progress on it today! Yay!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of you all to make those pillows. Great that you are finding boxes to tick and challenges to work on in that list.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!