Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Sharon's Chock Full O' Charms

Back in the middle of February, Sharon came for a long day of sewing. Our time together has taken a backseat to other priorities in our lives right now, so the occasions when we can schedule some sewing time are special ones!

We both worked on our Chock Full O' Charms quilts in late 2018. I finished my quilt top at our Veterans' Day sewing, while Sharon still had some work left to do on hers. The link shows where we both were back in November. Below, she is reviewing her pattern to see where to mark and cut the parts. Look at that concentration!! *smile*


And all that concentration paid off, because take a look at what she was able to accomplish!


The fabric she used is 3 Sisters/Moda Luna Notte; it has always been a favorite of Sharon's, and this looks spectacular. She brought two choices for borders. Take a look.



Either option would have been wonderful, but she chose to go with the blue paisley. This look was softer and more subtle. It lent a gentle, cottage-y look to the whole quilt and was exceedingly romantic. I hope I can get a full-size picture of the finish to share with you. I am sure it will be spectacular.

I have said, I think, that both Sharon and I are all about fast, easy quilts this year. We have such massive-sized stashes that we simply must work more quickly to whittle away at them. We are good at encouraging each other, so we should have some success at our goals.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. I like the border blue paisley border Sharon selected better than the pink but then I'm a 'blue' girl. Very pretty, simple quilts are the best! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!