Saturday, March 30, 2019

Vacation Mode

GAH!

I have been so busy since getting home from vacation! My satisfactory blogging record from the beginning of the month has become non-existent here at month's end.

Hubs and I took off on Sunday the 17th for Key West, Florida. We booked a nice single room on Simonton Street and had close walking proximity to nearly all the local hotspots that KW has to offer. It was a wonderful week which ended much too quickly. I will share some vacation pics and memories in an upcoming post.

Today, let me just mention that I sought out local quilt shops with success! The Island Needler is a yarn and embroidery shop on Fleming Street. I found some floss needing to come home with me. The Seam Shoppe is a quilt and yarn shop on Truman Street, and of course, a few fat quarters were purchased.


There's my haul. I have 8 FQs there; 4 dark prints and a light print (4 of them) that will be the background of whatever I decide to make. I actually do have an idea, so this might happen sooner than my normal rate of starting things. The floss looks like basic crayon colors, and I think I can find a use for them.

I hope life settles down here in the coming week. We are about to end March and move on to the glories of April!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Key West must have been beautiful, sunshine, clear skies, sunshine, warm temps, sunshine! Have a great week, looking forward to seeing the new project.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!