Sunday, March 3, 2019

March Planning

This weekend has found me thinking of my quilting plans for the fresh new month. Last month was finished off with that Double 9-Patch UFO which turned into two quilts. Once completed, I really had no firm plan for what I would work on next. The thought that I would move away from 9-patches for a time, I considered stars, pinwheels and snowballs. Then I remembered a Churn Dash quilt I'd seen years ago.

This quilt captivated me way back in 2014 at our Canter's Cave Retreat when Sheryll unveiled this for us to see. The blocks are small at just 2 or 3 inches. It has been on my radar to replicate ever since.

So that has become my first project of the month. I have a meager beginning.


The block is just under 4" and I have used Thangles to make the HSTs.


Making the churn dash blocks is quite a bit more involved than those 9-patch blocks I have been cranking out in recent weeks. Once all the parts are constructed, though, the block goes together just like a 9-patch.

I have my poison green selected and have begun a modest layout.

I will continue to work on this tomorrow and hope to have a sweet little wall hanging by week's end.

While sewing, I am making additional plans - I will prepare a list and share soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


4 comments:

  1. First I was excited to find another Jayne. I too, am a Jayne -only because I'm not a plain Jane. On your churn dash blocks, are the half square triangles 1.25 finished or unfinished? I have enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jayne! We are definitely not plain-Janes! ;)

      The HSTs are 1.25 finished. I have the quilt top stitched together and just verified the size.

      Thanks for reading! I hope you make yourself a regular here!!

      Delete
  2. This is going to be another beauty. How big will she be, king sized? Ha Ha! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Gretchen, YOU are ornery!! This will finish out at a perfect table-topper size - roughly 34x24, if my calculations are correct. You will see a finish soon!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!