Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Clean-ish Space

When the year began, one of my main goals was to clean, purge and organize in my sewing room. That's a big order, for I am known to work amongst the clutter and piles and messes. Tidiness is not my forte, in other words.

The picture above is a typical look. This hinders productivity, doggone it. I know this, and since the key part of that is "productivity," the need for some serious clutter-busting has been necessary.

The best cure for a messy space is to have company, and last month Sharon came for a day of sewing. She told me beforehand what she wanted to work on, and I knew she needed table space. So take a look at this!


That clean table was the result of a lot of hard work, and already I have it somewhat cluttered up again. (But not so bad that a few focused minutes couldn't take care of the existing stuff.) A table as clean as the one above simply screams of project creating! A mental weight is lifted when a space is tidy and organized. I would do well to remember this.

The space does show areas that still need to be addressed; I have marked them with arrows. The first arrow points to a stack of empty tubs, baskets and boxes that have been freed up in recent weeks. I need to find a place to store these for future use.

Number 2 arrow is the top of a dresser where many pre-cuts are stacked up. I need to put these in a drawer of the dresser, or use one of those empty tubs. Whichever route I go, the space needs tidying and it would be an easy, fast fix.

Number 3 arrow will be an involved endeavor - a pile of scraps that should be sorted, pressed and cut to a useable size. Of course, 2.5-inch strips or squares is the preferred size, and that will always be my go-to for dealing with scraps. But oh lord, how time-consuming it will be!

Seeing these pics with the clean table make me realize I have never shared the Chock Full O' Charms quilt that Sharon finished when we were last together; perhaps that will be coming up this week. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne, I enjoyed your Monday post very much, nice to read what you have been doing. For some reason I enjoy seeing what is on the menu and meatloaf is a favourite here too. I also make a similar dessert with mango. I could share a photo of my work space that would frighten people !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the empty table top! Cutting leftover fabrics into smaller pieces is very time consuming but the feeling of the 'finish' is so gratifying! Have a wonderful time with Sharon.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!