Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Blue Lagoon

Quilt retreat last week gave me the perfect opportunity to start a jelly roll quilt that's been on my list for several months. Blue Lagoon is a pattern in a book called Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam Lintott and Nicky Lintott.

I used a Minick and Simpson jelly roll (New Lexington, I think it's called; please correct me if wrong!) and a neutral that paired nicely with it. The construction was super simple and I nearly had the whole top stitched while at retreat.


The pattern in the book does not call for an outer border, however I have so much fabric in the stash, and this just seemed like a simple way to make use of it and get a larger quilt, too. The border fabric has been in the stash for years.




The strips were paired up and then matched with another pair, then cut into 2.5" units to make 4-patches. So easy - no thinking required. Stitch a 2.5" x 4.5" strip of neutral between them and you have the makings of rows. Sashing rows are even simpler - 2.5" squares and 4.5" strips.

Gracie approves, even though she has her disapproving face on. I think she was annoyed that I disturbed her nap to take the pictures.

Next up for me is to add borders to my 9-patch exchange quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!