Thursday, April 25, 2019

9-Patch Exchange Quilt

The finishing borders are now attached to my exchange quilt, and it looks fantastic. This was a fun project we members of the Frankfort Girls sewing group concluded exactly a month ago when we exchanged our blocks. See this post for some details.


So, I made 40 9-patch blocks to exchange and then kept going by making 40 blocks to keep. When we exchanged and I had a total of 80 blocks, I went to work straight away to finish my quilt. The slow part has been the past couple of weeks in deciding border fabrics. I had one selected, but even though I thought I had enough, it turned out that I didn't.


No biggie! This is a scrappy quilt, and the second choice was equally pretty; I certainly had not a moment's stressing over it.


I spread out this quilt top in the guest room which has a double bed. I think it is apparent that the quilt is quite big on this bed, so without going back upstairs to measure, let's just call it a queen size. Here are some additional views.




What next?? I have a couple of commissions - t-shirt quilts I've agreed to make. I must get started on those. Then a baby quilt. Always, something waiting in the wings, right?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your second border choice certainly is equally as pretty as the first choice. What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!