Monday, April 8, 2019

Colorful and Playful

Having no clear direction for projects at the moment, I pulled out a tub of what I call 'modern' fabric, and just began playing. (I need to reconsider what term might more accurately describe these prints.)


I need to cut more variety of fabrics - yes, I have more variety - and mix them all up in a totally scrappy fashion. It's an easy block to create, and while the pattern called for using paper-piecing, I found an alternate that is normal piecing. I will provide all the details later.

On Sunday evening while watching Mrs. Wilson/Masterpiece Theater, I added some embroidery stitching to my white jeans jacket. The red on the pocket flap is pearl cotton (much thicker) and the meandering vine above the pocket is regular embroidery floss (thinner). I have free-handed everything so far, but I foresee having to create some patterns or drawings to transfer at some point. I don't think I trust my artistic eye to do the flowery stuff I envision.


This week is our Canter's Cave Quilting Retreat! I am so stoked to get some major quality time going on something! I have several projects packed, but what will I decide??? Come on back and see! I am not even sure what I will select at this point!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at the retreat working on whatever you decide to take. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jacket is going to be beautiful with your embellishments! Love where your new quilt is going, too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!