Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Daughters Making Quilts

Today's post comes from a mighty proud momma. It certainly appears that quilting has dominant traits in our gene pool, and both of my daughters are carrying on the hobby.

Both Erin (DD1) and Emma (DD2) have made baby quilts for their friends. I have written about both girls and their quilting escapades over recent years. I will link here. And here. And here. And here.

And DD1 is at it again. Her sister-in-law will be having a baby girl in late summer, so Erin's kitchen table shows full-scale quilt production activity. I visited her briefly on Saturday and took a few snapshots.






This will go together so quickly, and with Erin's artistic "eye" it will look amazing, no doubt. She says she plans to hand quilt it using the same big-stitch method she used on the last baby quilt she made - this new baby's older brother Jordan.

Here at the homeplace, I have just two more days of classes left in the semester. A bit of grading and submitting will finish things off, and I will be free-free-free for the summer! I am more than a little bit thrilled about this!

I need to get a solid "to-do" list going so I don't waste time with indecisiveness.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!