Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Here's The Plan

We are one-third of the way through September already and I have teased about my upcoming plans long enough. Here's what's on the horizon for me - hopefully all by the end of the month.

The biggest project on tap is dismantling one of our bedrooms and bringing the long-arm machine upstairs and out of the basement. I never have enjoyed spending time in the basement, and it was not something I could see changing sans extensive remodeling. Since our kids don't really come home for overnights anymore, it just seemed that two guest rooms was one too many. Now this bedroom will be dedicated to the Tin Lizzie.


The bedroom furniture was Grandma's and came here after her death in 2015. It consists of a bed, two dressers and a nightstand. All of these will be going to my sister's house in the coming week. Additional items in this room include a cupboard for quilt storage (shown below) and an old sewing machine table which is used as a bedside table.


Scrolling back through the blog, I am sure you'd see the sewing cabinet. Actually, a bit of it shows in the mirror in that first picture. There is no machine inside it, although at one time it did have and I actually sewed on it. Ages ago. 

So after the furniture is out, DH and I will paint the walls and steam-vac the carpet. Then I will move the long arm up. I am totally amped about this change. I know I will be quilting here very soon.

Other projects include finishing a Halloween table cloth that I started a couple of years ago. I have never been one to go crazy with decorating for Halloween, but I saw a really cute table cloth on Pinterest that I wanted to replicate. I stopped because I didn't have Wonder-Under. Geesh, woman! Go get some! It will be such a fast and easy finish. I am determined to do just that before month's end.


The orange pumpkins will be appliqued around a round brown cloth and made to fit my round kitchen table and/or my round porch table. Here's a link to the inspiration picture from Pinterest.

Other projects include quilting this baby quilt for Graham, my newest grand-nephew who was born late last month. I have yet to meet the little fellow, but the quilt must be finished!


As cooler weather is surely on the horizon, I want to get back to that white denim jacket - the one I am embellishing with embroidery. (First mentioned here.) I'd like to get it to a point where I would actually wear it; I can see myself continuing to add to the embroidery even as I wear it.


Of course, stitching on Lake Effect will be ongoing. I am ready to cut the long borders and trace the applique designs on them.


I will continue this new project I have started - Diagonal Madness. I have managed to make some progress on it this week - minimal, but still progress. It has been quite a treat to sift through all my KF fabrics and mix and match them for the 4-patch blocks.

And finally, I need to put the binding on the OSU quilt, which DH needs by the 21st. Not a pressing deadline, but I don't want to put it off too much longer.

That rounds out my month, project-wise. Always plenty to keep me busy. In addition, there are many things around the house we are doing, plus the school work will be picking up as we work into the meat of the semester. 

Speaking of school, it's time for me to move! Two classes this afternoon, then grocery shopping. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. It's nice the furniture is staying in the family. Having the long arm upstairs is going to make quilting so much more enjoyable. I doubt I'd do any sewing if I had to sew in my basement. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will really enjoy having the long arm upstairs! I know that you will enjoy the new sewing room! So exciting! Love the OSU quilt and the Lake Effect! De-cluttering and cleaning out the room will be great for you!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!