Saturday, June 26, 2021

Lots O' Pumpkins!

Those Frankfort Girls sure do keep a quilter on her toes! At the beginning of the month we - well, most of us - met for 3 days of sewing at Terry's house. We'd agreed earlier that we would all work on the same quilt - Harvest Pumpkins from the newly released book, County Seat Quilts. Click here for details on this mini-camp. 

Yesterday, we had our regular bi-weekly Friday morning get-together and some of these gals had quilted theirs, and were stitching the binding! Whoa! Mine still hangs from my design wall where I put it after doing my borders.


I thought I would share a little Harvest Pumpkin progress report/update. As the rest of us finish ours, I am sure I will do additional updates. Everyone's interpretation of this quilt looks so different! I marvel at how fabric and color choices can completely change a quilt's looks. This effect has always fascinated me. Maybe that is why I never tire of making some blocks over and over - all will look completely different with each new fabric/color treatment.

Back to pumpkins. Here is our first look at some finishes.

Jan has bragging rights on a total finish. Hers is completely quilted and bound; ready for fall displaying. 

Terry will be a close second place; she has quilted hers and was stitching binding while we visited yesterday. She wanted us to study hers closely to see if we could find the mistake. She didn't see it until after the quilting, so it is a permanent boo-boo.

Ever the industrious gal, Terry had extra bits cut for more stars, so she whipped up this table runner, has quilted it, too, and only needs to stitch down the binding. Way to go!!

Becky has her quilt finished to the flimsy stage. She intentionally made her borders narrower than the 5" that the pattern called for. Design choices! They are as varied as the quilters. 

Fun! We sure do have a lot of fun when we are together, and we help one another continue to grow as quilters. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!






4 comments:

  1. My goodness, you gals aren't wasting any time, are you? Great pattern and so fun to see the different colourways. You are in great time for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I declare, these girls do keep me on my toes! Such inspirations to me!

      Delete
  2. Phew! It seems having a group of friends 'on your back' is a great motivator for getting projects finished! Such lovely quilts - Autumn colours are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely motivate me. I am so very glad to have them in my 'tribe.'

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!