Monday, April 11, 2022

Frankfort Girls

The Frankfort Girls are spending the week at Needles n' Pines a quilt retreat house in Nelsonville, OH. Well, some of the girls are here. Some are dealing with health issues and family obligations that prevented their attending this year. I will share more on the retreat as we finish up later in the week.

The last time we ladies met, we had a few show and tell quilts to share with everyone. I almost always try to take pictures so I can share them here with you readers. They sure seem to stay busy at the sewing machines. 

When we were at Jan's a couple weeks ago, we shared a lot of quilts, but only one will go into this post. I am saving the rest for a feature I am planning for a few months out on the topic of UFOs. Yes, I asked all the girls to share what they thought to be their oldest UFOs with me, and I am documenting each one. I will put together a series of posts about them at some later date.

So, the one quilt to share is a mini quilt from Sharon. She made this entirely by hand, and it is just darling! From the looks of the strategically placed safety pins, I'd say she is ready to begin quilting.

You might notice that she has placed one Sunbonnet Sue in this otherwise fully Overall Bill quilt. Sharon opted to change one block to a girl so as to represent her only granddaughter. The boys represent Sharon's three grandsons and two sons. Nice!

I said above that I usually remember to take pictures, but I confess that Jan had some finishes which she shared and I did not take pics! Shame on me! Ah, well, perhaps I can make amends in a later post.

By the time this is posted, we should be arriving at our retreat site and settling in for a full, busy week of stitching. Yee-haw!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!