Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Retreat Wrap-Up

We've been home from retreat since midday Friday, yet I have been awol in my wrapping up the various activities. Let me just say that I don't do well with a head cold, I guess. This darn thing has had me in its grip since the first day of retreat, and now going on 12 days, I am ready to finally go to Urgent Care to see if I need some stronger medicine. I do not get sick very often, so this is quite unusual for me. *grumble-grumble*

Here are some pics for you to enjoy. Sheryll had a lot of Easter sewing that she finished up, plus a Simple Whatnots UFO that she finished, as well.

These two pillow covers are wool applique on flannel. Sheryll always does such pretty applique work. 

Her granddaughter surely had fun playing with this little chick in a zippered egg. Perfect for a toddler.

The Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots mini looks just as cute as can be. Several of the girls in our group participated in this sew-along, all with quite pretty results.

Jan was extraordinarily busy the entire retreat week. She brought 4 kits/UFOs and finished them all. 

Monday's finish.

 
Tuesday's finish.

Wednesday's finish.

Thursday's finish.

I am sorry to report that I failed to take pictures of the blocks Becky worked so diligently on. She has begun a beauty of a quilt using reproduction fabrics. This will definitely be a quilt I will share as she works along on it.

As for my own retreat accomplishments, I feel pretty darn good to have finished these 4 items, especially as I was fighting the head cold.

Monday - mini trip around the world.

Tuesday - 3-yard quilt.

Thursday - Ohio Star Exchange quilt top.

Also Thursday - hand-stitched the binding on Lady of the Lake.

We were a small group this year at retreat, but we still had a great time. The group is already signed up for next year and hopefully everyone will be healthy so attendance will be full-up. If planned well, a camper can get lots done and that is a very good feeling. It makes one feel as though the week was well spent when finishes result. 

Back here in the quilting room, I've been thinking about several projects and working on none. Before the day is out, I believe I will stand at the long arm machine and finish off a quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!