Saturday, April 29, 2023

Proper Reveal

I realized my error when writing the previous post; I'd never properly photographed and shared my finished quilt top Floral Diamonds. That is an oversight I shall correct today.

In that previous post, I was attempting to show the earlier quilts made with William Morris fabrics along with this one, the one on which I changed my mind.

This quilt top was largely made in Florida, and I finished it - squaring it up - after getting back home. It was the perfect traveling quilt as this "one-block wonder" required no pattern or major concern with counting or units or  placement. Actually, with all the diamonds cut ahead of time, I really only concerned myself with attempting to evenly distribute the colors and fabrics as randomly as possible.

I'm so glad that I did this quilt in florals and not the William Morris fabrics as I'd originally planned. This floral look pleases me so much, and I am really liking how my current WM quilt is shaping up.

This old business can now be put to the archives. I will add a picture to my records for '23 completions, and move on with current endeavors.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!