Monday, July 17, 2023

A Few Small Finishes

Despite how badly I wanted to begin something new, I restrained myself and instead made progress on finishing some of the items on that pesky UFO/PHD list I made a few weeks back. The struggle was real, I tell you, however the reward was satisfying - I checked several UFOs off my list.

One of the most satisfying finishes was a table topper-sized quilt made with the panel gifted to me from Sharon. While she was here sewing last week, I pulled out some potential fabrics to pair with the panels. We explored lots of possibilities. While that floral one (above) looks great, the flowers in the panel blocks are lost, so with Sharon's helpful input, I opted for the pink Aboriginal Dots.

Doing a small project like this takes no time at all. In 30 minutes, I had these 16 blocks stitched up and pressed. The time-consuming part was deciding on which fabric to use and cutting the panels accurately. 

Sharon suggests I add a border, and since I have more of the pink, I probably will. I mean, gee whiz, use the fabric! I certainly have no need to conserve here!

Two more fast finishes involved clothes for granddaughter Cate. In order to finish the bloomers for this green and white striped outfit, I needed elastic. I did it, and yesterday, she actually tried them on - but I failed to follow the Grandma game rules - I did not take a picture! It fits, though, and she looked darling in it.

The other Cate finish was the little yellow sweater that needed ribbons replaced. Again, I have no pictures. (arrgghh!) The sweater was one that Erin wore when she was a baby, homemade by a family friend. I'd saved it for giving to a grandchild, and now it's Cate's. I will take some pics the next opportunity I have.


To make up for the lack of photo evidence of Cate's projects, let's just look at the little darling herself. What a happy child she is! She now sits up well enough to take baths in the big tub, and from all accounts she loves tubby time.

Have a great week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!