Thursday, July 6, 2023

Small Things

 Small things add up to big things, though,,, right? I found a pretty green stripe remnant while cleaning over the past few weeks and I thought it would make a perfect little dress for granddaughter Cate. I was right! Our little angel will look so sweet in this!

All that's left to be done now is handwork and buttonholes, so by the weekend we should have a finish. Well, a pair of bloomers needs to be stitched up, but those are easy-peasy, so no worries.

The other project I've spent some time on is the hand quilting on Fall Foliage. If you recall, I put it away around the holidays and have done nothing on it since. Now, we are spending a lot of time watching the Tour de France, so I decided that working on this while we watch would be a good use of my time. 

I remember that I was getting really close to having it done. The center portion has just the outer most edges remaining and then of course I have the borders to do. In order to more easily access borders for quilting, I use a technique I learned from Grandma - straps pinned taught around the bars. Works like a charm. For straps, I've used ends from bindings that I'd saved.

As I quilted yesterday, I realize that I am not exact straight in my markings and quilting. Oh well, I am going with the philosophy that finished is better than perfect. If any quilt police say anything about it, I will congratulate them on their fine eye. *wink*

Hope you are having a wonderful week! It's strange having a holiday on a Tuesday - I'm all jumbled up!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!