Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Sewing With Sharon

We had a productive day of sewing yesterday - Sharon was making pine trees and I stitched a baby quilt.

Alpine is a pattern that I bought last fall and it appealed not just to me but to Sharon as well. I made mine with more of a darker fall feel, while Sharon is using a bright spring green background for a totally different look.

We didn't do a precise count, but Sharon thinks she is getting close - maybe over 50, for sure. The pattern calls for 64 trees. It won't be long before she's stitching rows!

What a lovely variety of cheery trees! She has one print that is very dark and she's debating on whether or not to use it. I say forests come in all colors, so throw it in there! We'll see what she decides. Click here to see a picture of mine.

On Sunday evening, I cut a layer cake into this stack for a baby quilt. Our extended family will be welcoming a baby girl in January, so I am (for once) being proactive! I am making a carbon copy of this quilt I made in January and just recently gifted.

On Monday, I made all the blocks, and laid them out in a pleasingly random way.

By the end of the afternoon, I had it all sewn together and pressed. I will share all the details as well as a good pic of it soon. Since I didn't really have a plan for that layer cake, I also didn't have a backing ready to go; I am thinking about that for awhile.

I just love sewing days. It was good to catch up with Sharon, and it almost seems as if we fuel each other's creativity. I had so many quilting ideas percolating as the afternoon wore on. It's exciting to be excited about making more quilts.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!