Monday, July 31, 2023

The Quilts at the Quilt Show

The quilts on display at the Good Time Quilters' Quilt Show last week did not disappoint. Rather than do a lot of words, I will focus on the eye candy - quilt pictures! This collection of quilts represent the ones I found attractive, interesting, or unique for any number of reasons.













One quilt in the show has a very personal connection. Remember when the Frankfort Girls did an Ohio Star block exchange? The only rule was that we should use reproduction fabrics on off-white backgrounds. Sheryll finished hers and won a ribbon in the show!

I studied this quilt quite a long time trying to remember which blocks I'd made. Six or seven blocks in this quilt are mine, but I could only definitively identify five. Here's a link to a post about our exchange. 

I included this final picture in the previous post, but I did not elaborate on the fact that it, too, was made by Sheryll. At a recent Frankfort Girls gathering, we 'oohed and aahed' over this beauty live and in person. Click back here to get the quilt's history and to see it as she had just gotten it back from her quilter. 

I plan to do one more post about the quilt show. The guild conducts a BOM challenge, and while I don't know all the rules and guidelines, I do look forward each year to seeing the variety of the finished quilts. That will be the focus of the final quilt show update.

Have a great Monday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. So hard to pick a favourite but I think the baskets with those marvelous red flowers appliqued is special. I've not seen that before. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are beautiful! My favorite is Sheryll's applique quilt, those leaves are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!