Monday, July 3, 2023

Ready For the Fourth

 It's a rare day indeed that ol' Jayne the quilter has a leg up on July 4th decorating. Long before I was Jayne the quilter, I was Jayne the procrastinator. But by gosh, this year I am so ready.

I have red geraniums on the front porch with American flags blowing in the breeze.

Also on the front porch is my new Ohio Star barn quilt in red, white and blue.

On the inside of the house, I have my little Market Day table topper quilted and bound. I wrote it about in this post a few days ago. 

And now it has it is joined by its big sister, the larger table topper, also quilted and bound. 

I have a couple of older patriotic pieces out also. The Patriotic Spring Dreams from last year's sew along is draped over a chair in the front room. The photos below were taken last year before it had been quilted, but it is done now, for sure. It is made with a lot of my grandmother's patriotic scraps. She was well known for her love of red-white-and-blue items.


Another item I made last year was this pillow cover. I'd really like to go ahead and make a matching one so that I'd have a set. Maybe soon.

We are doing a slow-and-lazy type of celebrating this year. We attended a picnic and fireworks party at some friends' on Saturday night. Tomorrow we are making homemade ice cream for immediate family. Maybe someone will bring some sparklers. Low key, for sure.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love your table topper. Beautiful colors!! Could you tell me the size please? Would love to try and make one. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!