Saturday, July 22, 2023

Fall Foliage Quilted!

 It is with great satisfaction that I announce the finish of the hand quilting of Fall Foliage. Yes!!!

I turned the last corner of the border quilting a few days ago, and late Thursday night, I took the final stitches. Wow, what a journey.

And thank goodness that we choose to watch things on television that are long and involved - like the Tour de France, which runs 3+ weeks and 21 stages at 4-5 hours per stage. That's a lot of viewing time to watch as I stitch. We record everything, so we are never watching the stages on the days they occur; no worries as far as we are concerned! The beauty is that we can fast forward through the commercials, and rewind or pause for whatever reason. Hey, it works for us. *wink*

I waited until daylight to take these pics of the removal from the frame. You can sorta' see the gridlines of stitching, if you look closely. Once it's bound, I will take proper pics.

I've trimmed off the excess, and have plenty to work with for binding. I do have a bit of an issue on one corner that I intend to take care of. There must have been some shifting of layers as I put the quilt on the frame way back at the beginning of quilting (in 2018!). I have about 12" of white selvage showing on the back, and no backing the the outermost edge in that area. I will use some of the cut-away backing to correct and hide my error, which shouldn't take me too terribly long. I am motivated to have this done, so I won't allow any procrastination. 

Which I am prone to, you know. *wink*

My fingertips are quite calloused, and a bit tender with all this quilting, but I do not mind in the least! I am actually thinking of which quilt I will put on the frame next.Keep the toughened-up fingertips awhile longer. Looking ahead to October and History Day, I will need to have something to demonstrate, so why not get a little head start between now and then, right?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing a long time quilt! Happy binding!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!