Saturday, July 29, 2023

Good Time Quilters Quilt Show

Oh my goodness, I sure wish I'd done a post earlier this week to remind you quilters in reasonable proximity to Circleville, that the quilt show is this weekend. It's too late to even tell you to GO!! Unless you live super close.

This beauty by my quilting friend Sheryll was amongst the offerings.

I contend that this is the best quilt show in Ohio, although, to be honest, I don't really go to many others and don't, therefore, have a true comparison. My opinion is balanced against all the previous places I've gone for quilt shows - in and out of state - this one consistently ranks right up there with the best.

Since I am so tardy in sharing this, I will just tell you to plan ahead to go next year - last weekend of July. 

First, I will give some props to the vendors by sharing some of their booths. I didn't spend a lot (my stash is already out of control!), but I sure did enjoy visiting with many of them.



First shop inside the door was Annette Williams and her sweet hubby, of Sewing The Good Life. I got such a lovely welcome from them both. I've been a long-time customer of Annette's, and I so admire both her work and the massive growth her on-line business has made. The photos above don't do it justice! I follow her on both Instagram and Facebook just to see all the inspiring new projects she comes up with.

The two photos above are from a new-to-me shop in Maysville, KY, called Apron Strings Quilt Shop. The two gals manning the booth were tons of fun and laughter, so I imagine a trip to their shop would be quite the adventure. They are on Facebook and Instagram and say on their card to call for current hours as they vary by season. Location is 113 W. Second Street, Maysville, KY 41056; phone: 606-584-7414




Side Stitchin' Quilt Shop is a new shop located in Belpre, OH. The owner greeted me with a big smile as she handed me a pen and a business card. She said she bought out a shop there (which I was familiar with), and has put her own stamp on things. She features a lot of bright, happy fabrics, which definitely matched her cheery welcome!



Neff's Country Loft has been coming to this quilt show for years and years. The Frankfort Girls and I have visited the shop frequently. Beverly has a lovely variety of reproduction fabrics and patterns and always has fun decor items to enhance the reproduction vibes. Click on the link to go to their Facebook page.

The shop featured in the two photos above was quite unique in that they sold heavy-weight materials useful for bags and rugs. It was really fun to peruse all their samples. Note that there are rugs on the floor for visitors to walk on. I was really fascinated at all the potential projects one could create using the fabrics and patterns available here. The shop is called Felts or Handbehg Felts.The website offers a plethora of ideas for the creative stitcher. I fear I could so easily be pulled in yet another stitching direction after seeing all the options they offer.


I got a big hug from Kathy Skinner-Shaw of Homestead on the Hill when I got to her wool booth. Kathy is an absolute master at rug hooking, and she specializes in primitive colors, designs and patterns. The three photos above are from her shop. Contact Kathy at tswool1959@gmail.com.


These two pictures (above) feature Janet Miller of The City Stitcher. Her specialty is selling the tedious (to some) parts of a quilt to makers who might prefer to get to the rewarding finished part a lot faster. Let's say you don't rightly relish the thought of making 100 9-patch blocks measuring 3" finished. Janet has you covered! She makes such things and has them ready for your next project. I can see where that is an attractive option for some quilters. Her contact information is jmcitystitcher@yahoo.com. She also has a page at Quilter's Warehouse (click on The City Stitcher).


Last, but not least (it just happened to be the last shop I visited on my way out!), I browsed through Kari's Custom Quilting. She is located in Anna, OH, and her booth had a wide variety of samples to inspire shoppers as well as kits, patterns and precuts. The temptation was real, I tell you, because her samples were eye-popping!
 

Of course, there were other vendors present, but I couldn't talk to everyone. I hope this gives a decent overview of the quilt shops represented however.

In some upcoming posts, I will share some of the quilts on display, a couple of which have personal connections!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. that first booth you show looks wonderful - the kind that I like to stop at. I don't go to local shows as there really isn't any really local. The closest that I know of it usually 2+ hours and I only go about every other year.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!