Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Take

Isn't that what the winnings are called when you have finished off a gambling spree? Well, anyway, I embarked on a shopping spree last Friday at our beloved Miller's Dry Goods in Charm, OH, one of the premier spots in Ohio's Amish Country. A quainter place you'll never find!

These 3 stripes are going to become table runners  using that 60-degree angle ruler. I made some at Christmas, and thought these would look good at other times of the year.


I bought an assortment of quarter-yard cuts of purple and gold batiks for finishing the blocks on Emma's quilt.

I only bought larger cuts of 3 fabrics - on the left is a beautiful floral from the Luna Notte line. Then we have a scarlet and gray combination to use on the OSU Buckeye t-shirt quilt I am going to get started on. I bought 12 shirts at a thrift store, found these two fabrics in the bargain basement, got to take an additional 30% off of that, so this t-shirt quilt will be a real economic creation.  Whoo-hoo!!

I remember a time not all that long ago when I thought that all this pre-cut hoopla was a bunch of nonsense. A gimick. Who on earth would fall for such an absurd marketing ploy??? Well, my opinions have changed in a drastic way.

So, here are 4 layer cakes and 2 jelly rolls. Yeah, I'm singing a different tune now. *cheesy grin*

I've always been a sucker for these fat quarter bundles. This is one I picked up in Coshocton on our way home. Their shop is small, but we found some sweet treasures there, so I think all of us were glad we made the stop. This bundle is Pom Pom de Paris, and I am still salivating. I made Tag Sale with a pack similar to this; I'm thinking I might make a second Tag Sale with this one. Any opinions??

NOTE: This was supposed to be scheduled to post on 5-13. I'm posting it now; since everyone seems to think that Bloggers' troubles are fixed. Hopefully, I won't find that this will eventually be recovered and end up being posted twice.

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Beautiful fabrics. All very much to my taste!

Lori said...

Oh yeah! The motherload! I love sales and shopping with friends!

Vivian said...

You have definitely made a haul, Ms Jayne. I'm still holding out on the precut fabrics, only because I have so much in my house already. I can't justify buying anything more. I was also wary of what I considered just a marketing ploy, but the popularity doesn't seem to be dying down.