Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making Progress

Hey, quilters. I've been sewing. I don't get around to blogging about it as much as I'd like sometimes, but I am sewing and completing projects. Here is the progress on my Jacob's Ladder.


I got to show it to the quilters yesterday when we got together at Terry's house. All I need now are borders. I have a neutral I want to use, but beyond that, I have nothing. I was thinking of a narrow neutral and a wide red, but I might consider a brown for an added bit of interest.

In the mean time, what would you say about winning free fabric for life? I found this contest, and you can enter it, too, by clicking on this link: http://ck.upickem.net/r/A33QYu6fVD7?r=119693

Today, I am off to visit Grandma; DH is coming along to steamvac her carpets. I might have some hand-stitching I can take along with me.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



4 comments:

Vicki S. said...

I've been collecting reds and whites for a while. I think this is the best pattern to show off the prints. Thank you! Oh, and it looks like you have a 4 patch that needs to be turned.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Ohh I like this one! Red and white/cream is my favorite combo!

Jayne Honnold said...

Thank you, Vicki! I sure had to search and search to find the troublesome turned block, but I did find it. I will be fixing that before this day is out. :-)

QuiltSue said...

That is just stunning.