Saturday, April 27, 2013

Quilting At The Barn

This past Tuesday I had the pleasure of attending one of Mary's quilt days at "The Barn." I showed you the pineapple blocks we all made in a recent post.

Since that block was so easy and went together so fast, we brought other projects to work on to complete the day. I will show you some of these projects.

Mary, our hostess, was working on a really sweet bag made from an Amy Butler pattern, called Frenchy Bags.



Monica is a regular at the barn events. On this particular Tuesday, she was working on a project with some very tiny pieces.



My apologies for the blurry pic, but the size of the pieces is evident, nonetheless. I love quilts like this, but I know tiny pieces are sometimes tedious. The upside is you get an awesome quilt; the downside is that the piecing is labor-intensive. You just have to weigh it out and see how bad you want that quilt, I suppose.


Cherie was in the beginning stage of a new project. The table runner called Seven Santas is what she has started.

 
Cherie says she will have it done for Christmas, so good luck to her! I wouldn't have the confidence to do it, I'm afraid. I have not been bitten by the wool bug, and I hope it stays that way! I can't afford to deviate from my main focus - quilts made with cotton!
 
 
Pam was appliquing this house onto ticking. I did not see her pattern, so I can tell you nothing more about it! Sorry!
 
And, I am sorry, too, that I do not have the project that my newest quilting acquaintance Gwen was working on. This "nose for news" was too busy, I suppose, working on my own things.
 
I would normally show you Terry's and Sheryll's projects, but since we quilt together frequently, I will more than likely have other opportunities to show their items.
 
I am calling it a night, folks.
 
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!