Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gone Fishin'

I knew at some point I would resort to that lame title while I was working on the Kissing Fish quilt. I know you'll forgive me. It was just too obviously necessary!

So I have, actually, done some more work on those fishies, and it feels like I am coming into the home stretch. When I quit work on it last Sunday, I had discovered that I had somehow goofed on the number of blocks I needed. That was somewhat disappointing, since I was geared up to begin sewing them all together!

Sometimes I just need to step away from the project. I had obligations Monday and Tuesday, spent Wednesday playing at applique, and now, since I have had time to cogitate the situation, and I got back to work on it today. Things just needed to simmer for a bit, you know?

So now the last 2 of the printed fishies are pieced.


And the last 13 of the white fishies are pieced.


So now they are ready to be laid out with the rest of the fishies, and sewing units together has commenced.


If things go well, I could be on my way to a finish this weekend!

Today, 7 of the 8 Frienzies met for dinner at Red Lobster. So much fun catching up with these girlies!! We meet monthly, yet we pick up with our conversations just like we see each other daily! Don't you just love friends like that?

Tomorrow, another group of dear friends will be meeting - the Frankfort girls will be meeting at JoAnn's for our regularly scheduled sewing session. Looking forward to that!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!