Sunday, March 29, 2015

Plenty O' Purple

Emma said she wanted a purple chevron quilt using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Since she is about to don the gown and mortarboard for her walk across the OU stage, and since I put this quilt on the to-do list for 2015, I figured I'd just better get 'er done.

These blocks went together so easily. I couldn't have picked a more user-friendly design. I saw the quilt pictured on Pinterest, which was for a $10 pattern. Like so many pictures of quilts that you see, the construction looked completely straightforward, and I thought I was certainly skilled enough to come up with acceptable dimensions to make this without a pattern. So I did.

Each block is made from an 8.5" square with two 4.5" squares sewn to opposite corners. (I cut away the excess, and have a very hefty pile of HSTs for a future project.) The center is 7 blocks x 9 blocks and measures 56" x 72" -  it fit just perfectly the top of this full-size bed. Now for borders. I think I found the perfect fabrics to accentuate this quilt. What do you think?

I've already gotten 2 sides of the green inner border attached. I will attempt to get the remainder of the borders finished today. Shouldn't be any difficulty in that.

3 comments:

  1. Talk about a rich looking quilt...beautiful and so classy! Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it as will the recipient. great looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!