Tuesday, March 31, 2015

April UFO

The UFO Challenge has certainly been a good idea for me. There's no way I would have had some of the recent finishes I've shared here if it weren't for the prodding I get because of our challenge.

On Friday, we drew the number for April's project. Number 5. On my list, number 5 is "blue and beige monkey wrench."

Let's dig it out and investigate the situation.


Well! This is certainly a ravelly mess! I have 27 hand-pieced blocks stacked here. How old you ask? Well, they were made when my son was in high school and college, because I made them when I traveled to track and cross country meets. He graduated from high school in 2001 and graduated from college in 2005. It is entirely possible that I made some of these when he was a high school freshman, so that takes us back to 1997. Whoa. We are approaching 18 years?!? Well, yes, I guess that is possible.


They've been stored in this tub/tote. Safe and secure. Spool of thread and several needles, too. Wait till you see all the rest.

I've got yardage; it looks as though I've stuffed every random navy and beige fabric in the pile.

I've got cut out pieces. Triangles and squares. Ready to go!
I've got a partially sewn block, the final seam pinned and ready for stitching. What a mess! It was crammed down in there like I'd put stuff away in a big hurry.

This is the block opened up - first order of business will be to press this little guy!

And last, we have the stack of finished blocks. I certainly had no idea that I'd finished 27 of these blocks. Perhaps the track and XC meets just stopped, so I did, too. I honestly do not remember.

My goal for April is to get these blocks made into a quilt top. I have some ideas incubating, and I will be sure to keep you all in the loop with my decisions.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!