Seeing Terry's finished FWQ late last year has made me think about getting back to work on mine, so I added it to the UFO Challenge list - Make 25 Farmer's Wife blocks. Easy-peasy, right? Well, we'll see.
First I needed to know how many I already had to give my morale a boost. Finding that I have 27 blocks already finished and acceptable for use did, indeed, boost my morale. I have 2 additional blocks that are unusable - that tiny one I described above, and another that came out about a half-inch smaller than it should have. I don't even have the energy to try to figure out what I did wrong on it.
Also, tucked inside the book was a partially sewn block. I do not remember doing this, but I must have needed a hand-piecing project, because the part that is finished was done by hand. After I figured out which block it was supposed to be, I finished it off.
So now I have 24 more Farmer's Wife blocks to make. Whoo-hoo! I made a list of the ones I'd like to do. Since I have just 2 weeks left in the month, I figure I need to make several each day in order to meet the end-of-the-month deadline. I am up to the challenge!
Happy Quilting, Friends!