Monday, April 27, 2015

Poem In My Pocket Day

***GEEK ALERT!!!***

April is National Poetry month; did you know that? Coming up this Thursday, April 30, what is known as Poem in My Pocket Day is observed. I surfed around the WWW and found that some poetry lovers need pockets for their poems, and directions were given for making a crude, yet simple pocket for poems. Here is a link to one site that gives rather complete information. If you want more, just an easy search will provide more info; there are several links to choose from.


I first heard about Poem in My Pocket Day at our most recent book club meeting on Friday. One of our group, Debbie, mentioned it. As I researched it further, I found the tip to make pockets out of old jeans. I made mine last evening, and went ahead and made one for the other girls, too. If I'd thought of it earlier, I would have embroidered their names on, or flowers, or something.

I wonder which poem I will use?

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Those denim pockets are too cute for words. I wish I would have known about this Poetry in the Pocket when I was teaching. My middle schoolers would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!