Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Productive Tuesday

As is always the case, we who sew together get much accomplished - and we have a good time doing it. The laughs and giggles were a-plenty yesterday at Terry's; I managed to achieve my goal of stitching the inner part of the quilt top together. I got as far as the setting triangles.


I am very pleased with the look, and am currently considering options for a neutral inner border. The blocks are hand-pieced (I did them 10-15 years ago when DS ran at track and XC meets). They are also quite scrappy, so I also made the setting blocks scrappy - a mish-mash of dark blue and navy. I decided that the setting triangles would be from one fabric in an effort to control some of the haphazardness in the blocks.

This quilt is my April UFO in our little UFO Challenge, so I am motivated to get the quilt top done.

I had one other significant accomplishment yesterday: I made an apple pie. In the 35.5 years that I've been married, I suppose I have made a fruit pie once or twice, but I sure don't remember them. And my dear husband LOVES apple pie! I had an occasion to see my mother, the queen of apple pies, jot down her recipe and it seemed so easy! Well, one trip to the grocery later, and VOILA! we have an apple pie. It is quite tasty, I must say, even though apple isn't my favorite of the fruit pies. So maybe in our next 35 years, DH will have a few more apple pies.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I need to challenge myself to drag out UFO's and finish some. I did that last summer and it felt so good. Yummy looking apple pie!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!