Friday, April 3, 2015

Sewing With Sharon

These Tuesdays when Sharon and I sew together have been the main reason I have been getting so many things checked off my to-do list. We are more industrious when we sew together - it's as if we are holding each other accountable.

Anyhoo, Sharon has been working on another beauty. Truly, she has the best eye for color of just about anyone I know. And we both know you can't go wrong with Westminster fabrics - Kaffe Fassett and Phillip Jacobs - in their glorious blues.

Why show you one picture when three are available?? The saturation of color here makes me want to dive in to this pool of refreshingly cool blues. Sharon has been planning this quilt for awhile and did some fussy cutting to get the flowers she wanted centered in the blocks. The sashing is done in one direction; the next task is to attach the sashing going the other way. This will create a frame around each gorgeous block. You can see what I mean in this next picture where she has laid a few strips across the blocks.

Magical, isn't it? This will be an absolutely stunning quilt. I am so eager to see her finished quilt top. I will certainly share it with you all, too.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!