Friday, April 10, 2015

A Successful Retreat

I hereby pronounce this retreat a resounding success. What a wonderful opportunity to spend time with a great group of fellow quilters and sew to our heart's content! I managed to have a very productive 3 days, and I can't wait for you to see my progress!

Remember the impromptu tulip wall hanging I decided to cut out at the last minute? I just love how my garden grew! 

The pattern is shown with a horizontal layout, but I've decided that I prefer one that is vertical, like the second picture. I did get a few of those checkerboard borders attached, but not all. I will get back to this straight away, as I would love to have it hanging here in my family room this spring.

I spent most of my retreat time working on the kit of 19th Century Reds. This quilt only requires 12 blocks, but look at how much piecing goes into one block. They seemed to take forever! And I had to be very careful to place the HSTs with the lightest neutral in the correct place so that the interesting secondary design would show up when the sashing is added.

I went to the retreat with the intent of finishing this quilt top, but after working most of 2 days just to get the blocks together, I decided I wanted to work on other things, too, so I put these blocks away and got out the tulips.

There are many more retreat pictures to share. I will try to present them in a somewhat organized fashion over the next couple of days.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!