Friday, November 13, 2015

Something New!

In the past few weeks it seems as though I have spent most of my sewing time working on things for others or on UFOs. After finishing up that t-shirt quilt on Tuesday, my reward for Wednesday when we sewed at Sherrie's was to start something NEW!

It is so exciting to work on a brand new project. When I cleaned and straightened up my sewing room, I came across fabrics and combinations of fabrics that had been long forgotten. A couple of these I've had set aside for the day when I would have the time to work on them. The long-standing tradition of sewing on Veterans' Day at Sherrie's house provided the perfect opportunity for starting something new.

These two fabrics are a pair that I discovered in some of the piles. I'd folded them together because I liked the way they compliment each other. I have no idea how long ago I did that, but I still like the combination. I envisioned Churn Dash blocks - can you see them working well in these two fabrics?



So I made these - and more. I will show you what I've done with them in tomorrow's post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. They do look great together. Pretty blues for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Churn Dash always grabs by immediate attention. Don't know what it is about that block but it has to be my most favorite of all of the zillions of blocks. :) This will be a fabulous quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!