Friday, June 24, 2016

A Quilt For Abby and Stephen

At last I can reveal the quilt I made for my niece and her new husband Stephen. It was delivered into their hands last evening at their house, with Mom and my sister and brother-in-law, Sandy and Tim, also in attendance for the great reveal.



 The three pictures above are all taken here in my spare bedroom. I finished the binding Wednesday evening, but waited until daylight yesterday to get pics. I love that is so simple and non-fussy. That describes the couple to a T. Neither of them care for fussy or fancy.

 Abby holding and unfolding the quilt.

 "Show us the back!" Amazingly, their sheets are black and white toile, so this - quite by accident - fits in with their existing bedding.

 Stephen gets in on the action and takes a look.

We hold it open to inspect more closely.

It was a fun quilt to make, and we had a fun visit with the newlyweds and family. Abby had a gazillion pictures on her phone of their honeymoon trip to Colorado and Wyoming, so we 'oohed and aahed' over those.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt looks like it was so much fun to plan and create!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!