Thursday, June 2, 2016

Goals and Plans for June

In yesterday's post, I reviewed my accomplishments for the month of May and mentioned a few projects that I will finish in June. Today, I will add some of the new things I will begin this month.

I have these wonderful precuts that have been niggling at me for several months. Both by Sandy Clop/American Jane and Moda, Lorraine and Savonnerie will be so gorgeous together. I am definitely going to have a quilt top made from these by the end of the month.

Sharon P. and I have cooked up a plan for celebrating the first day of summer which comes this month. We are devoting one of our Tuesday sessions to making Floral Columns; we will use big hunks of our Kaffe Fassett fabrics and have a very fast finish.
Our Frienzie Kay is going to join us that day, as she is a huge KF fan, too, and will enjoy the project, for sure. All three of us have massive KF stashes.

I'd like to think I will start other things, too, but at this point I have nothing else planned. Perhaps there will be some spontaneity coming? I'd definitely like that.

Other things on the to-do list: niece Abby's wedding is just 10 days away. I will be getting her quilt back from quilting and will need to get the binding on. Can't wait to reveal that to blogland. After the wedding, I will be sure to share.

I have 2 other quilts being quilted, also, and I would love to count those as finished by doing the binding. The 16-patch scrappy quilt and Eventide are due back any day now.

I still have not had my sewing day with Mom. You may recall around Mother's Day that she asked if we could work on a small project together. I will be cutting a kit for her - probably a table topper or a wall hanging - something small and manageable, for sure. Perhaps will will squeeze that in between card games (she loves playing bridge) and other whatnot. *grin*

I hope June finds you making beautiful quilts!
Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!