Friday, May 29, 2020

Larkspur Stars

Sewing with Sharon yesterday was productive!


We agreed several weeks ago to assign June as our month to work with our Larkspur stashes. It's just such a shame to keep gorgeous fabric locked up in bins.


From the looks of things, we will have to make a new assignment for June, because both of us have a good head start and are on a course for finishing our quilt tops very soon.



For my Larkspur Stars quilt, I have made 15 setting blocks and 8 stars. My current plan is to make 7 more stars, then see what fabrics I have remaining. Should there be enough to do one more row, I will do that for sure. Actually, my concern is the variety of the remaining fabric, not the amount. I am pretty sure that plenty will be available, but I doubt there will be nothing but yellow and coral left. So, we shall see.

Sharon is making 9-patch blocks which she intends to set in strippy columns. I love strippy quilts, and the colors along with the various florals of Larkspur will be beautiful set this way. I have no pictures of Sharon's blocks, but I have made some strippy quilts, which I can show you to get an idea. I will do a better job of taking some pictures of her work next week.

9-Patch Strippy from 2017

Antique 9-Patch from 2012

Using our Larkspur collections has been lots of fun. We are sharing as needed to help each other out when we are lacking in a particular color-range. Sharon suggested that I look at other 3Sisters fabrics for possible substitutes. Good idea! I am using some of the red from Roman Holiday. What a fun addition to my quilt!

It's Friday! Are you all finding that you are returning to "normal" as we approach June? My group of card-playing friends met last night and did an adequate job of socially distancing. We didn't have enough to play cards, so we sat on the screened porch and talked until almost midnight. We had a lot of catching up to do.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!