Thursday, May 21, 2020

Goals Check

Having finished Dreamy Stars as quickly as I did has made me revisit my 2020 goals list to see how I am doing. I will take you all along for the check up. I mentioned in a previous post that Sharon and I have decided to work with our Larkspur stashes in June; this plays right into my goals as it is item 11 on the list! Hooray! I have already begun to play around with some blocks of this gorgeous (older) line of fabric from 3 Sisters/Moda. I feel like I might be doing pretty good at maintaining my focus on the goals.

Each January I post a list of quilting goals I hope to accomplish in the new year. I probably have never completed every item on any list, but the exercise of posting each list does keep me focused and occupied on projects that I want finished. Here's 2020 goals post.

I pulled the list to use here so that I can reference each item.


Then I played around with a photo-editing program and marked the list with symbols.


Now for an explanation of those symbols - I think I might have gotten carried away.

Green checks - Finished; the gifts have been delivered or I am using here at home.
Pink checks - Quilt top finished; needs to be quilted.
Purple boxes - Ongoing; sometimes referred to as WIPs (works in progress).
Blue arrows - Goals that are suffering from neglect. I need to refocus on these.
Red arrow - Current project.
Blue stars - Still very eager to begin these. In due time, right?

Two items are not marked: numbers 13 and 14. Guess what? Both of those are UFOs. Begun many years ago and found to contain mistakes (mine) or difficult sections, I just quit and put them away. Maybe I will get in the mood to work on those yet this year. I sure hope so.

Sharon is coming shortly for a day of sewing. I have begun the Larkspur project, and will share it in a day or two. Tomorrow the every-other-Friday morning get togethers of the Frankfort Girls will resume! Yay! I sure look forward to that!

Happy Quilting, Friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!