Saturday, May 2, 2020

Hello May!

These past two months of coronavirus seemed to drag and drag on; even so, arriving here at May already? Impossible! Here we are. Gracious.


I made a collage of my April highlights. It truly felt as though I wasn't accomplishing anything, but seeing this grouping makes me realize April wasn't such a waste after all.


Top row: I made over 90 masks and gave them away to friends and family. We installed a pergola in our back yard. I quilted a baby quilt for young friends expecting a little boy in just a couple more weeks.

Middle row: I quilted a 30s quilt called Simple Sixteen and now have it on our bed. Because I was unhappy with a quilt I'd put together, I "unsewed" many seams and blocks, and then I restitched that same quilt in a more pleasing fashion.

Bottom row: Our lilac bush has provided some lovely color and scent to our dining area. I began making Ohio Stars out of two fabrics I've long wanted to use together. And frequent walks in the woods have yielded many pictures of wildflowers.

I am about to finish my semester at OU; should be done this weekend. I hope to do a bit of refresh for spring and summer here in the house. And I will be working on that Ohio Star quilt.

Hope you have a great month!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!