Friday, May 15, 2020

Sewing With Sharon

Sewing sessions with Sharon have resumed! Yeah! Thursday of last week and Wednesday of this week, we spent long days in the sewing room catching up with each other, and catching up on our stitching. Let's take a look at what Sharon has been making.


A week ago, she came in with the small start of a gorgeous floral quilt - not full size, but more in the wall-hanging or lap quilt range. She wanted to feature the wonderful center panel and then build other coordinating fabrics around it. These are all Laundry Basket fabrics by Edyta Sitar.


It soon became apparent that this would end up being quite a bit bigger than a lap quilt. She continued adding row upon row of varying widths until she had this. And since this picture was taken, she has added more. I will take a picture next week with it pressed and pretty on the bed. For now, these hastily-taken snapshots will have to do.


This week, Sharon said she was just playing in the Kaffe's - those bold, bright and happy fabrics of Kaffe Fassett.

These are 2-inch strips left over from previous projects, and she is turning them into 9-patch blocks.


The eventual quilt these will make is from the KF book called Quilts in America (2018); this one is called Kites. All the fabrics in this quilt have circles or dots, even the setting squares. Sharon says this is a very long-term project, but I can see this coming together faster than she might think. It will be gorgeous!


Typical for us: we make a plan to do something together. Our idea is to use our vast collections of Larkspur fabric, a pretty 3Sisters line from several years ago. She has a lot and I have a lot. We have dedicated June for making Larkspur quilts; we will use whatever patterns we want. I am thinking some sort of star for me. I put making a quilt with my Larkspur fabric on the goals list for 2020, so I will be happy to get a big item ticked off my list. I will post more on this plan in coming weeks.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!