Saturday, May 23, 2020

Quarantine Over!

With the amount of socializing I've done this week, I do believe my personal quarantine is over.

On Tuesday I went to Terry's as she hosted a sewing day. On Thursday, Sharon came here for our regular sewing day, and yesterday, the Frankfort Girls met for the first time since early March.

And for what it's worth, with these girls I have not been especially cognizant of social distancing.

Now, what have we made in our long, long quarantine? There were several items to share, so let's take a look.

I will begin with yesterday's reunion of the Frankfort girls. I continue to play around with Canva and have created this logo for our little group.

We met at Jan's and had an absolutely fantastic spread of goodies - we have come to expect her over-the-top hospitality. They are lucky to get a muffin at my house!


Sheryll shared several UFOs that she finished up during her quarantine. She has a penchant for wool applique and does spectacular work.





Plus, she had one pieced item to share. I just love this, and might feel compelled to duplicate it for myself!


Terry also had a share yesterday - she was stitching the binding on this cute barn quilt. Look at the sheep! The quilt is so happy in Corey Yoder fabrics.


On Thursday, Sharon brought her Edyta Sitar quilt for its photoshoot. All the fabrics are by Sitar, and Sharon made up the pattern by attaching rows of varying widths around the center floral.


And back on Tuesday, we had some additional shares. First, Helen shared a newly quilted finish and a quilt top.



Terry quilted the sampler quilt, so now Helen is ready for binding. The patterns for each block came in a supscription box from Fat Quarter Shop. Helen has been very diligent about making the blocks each month and the resulting quilt is just as happy as can be.

And for the final share, Sharon O. is binding this UFO she made several years ago. It is a huge quilt, and was actually quite heavy as we held it up for the picture. Won't this be pretty for fall decorating?


That concludes my little quilt show for today. The friends have made good use of their Covid time. And while I failed to take a picture (should have, darn it!), Jan has made close to 700 masks! 700!! I cannot even imagine. I was pained to make 90. She is selling them for $5 at her golf club. Many are made with sports-themed fabric.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely get together with beautiful quilts for show & tell. Wow, you made 90 masks? I made 10, that was enough for me. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many thanks for Calvin and Hobbs! Oh how I loved that pair! They make me smile!! Hooray for your groups! I cannot get our bridge group of nine together.....too many do not want to come out of their houses! Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get together but ohio's cases have gone from +22,000 to 31,408 in a week. Are you sure so much socializing is a good idea? Everyone has such nice projects! Stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!