Monday, May 18, 2020

Dreamy Stars Reveal

You'd best brace yourselves, readers, as I am revealing a totally finished quilt that took less than 3 weeks to construct. Feast your eyes on this beauty.




I shared the two fabrics in this post from April 30. I began making stars on May 1. Saturday afternoon, May 16, I finished the top construction, went straight to the ironing board for pressing and then - gasp - proceeded to the long arm machine. The photo above shows the pretty quilt top awaiting quilting.

Say, what?

Yes, I decided that I would just see what it feels like to finish a quilt in the same year as it was begun. *grin* I quilted it yesterday afternoon and evening. Today I will attach the binding.

I spread it out on the bed for some pics and I just love the look. I knew I liked these two prints together, and they came together beautifully in this simple, straight-set Ohio Star design.


The blocks finish at 10 inches. I have 8 blocks horizontally and 9 blocks vertically, for a total of 72 block. I opted for no borders, so it finishes at roughly 80 x 90 inches.



The backing is this sweet pin dot from Henry Glass & Co. I have an entire bolt of this backing, so many more quilts will be wearing it. The neutral will lend itself to many of the quilts I make, and I can't get over how easy it was to just roll out the needed amount, unfold it on the frame and load it in. I am going to be really glad to have this backing as my go-to.

I will use the blue from the quilt top as my binding. And as I said, I will do that today. I will share the backing and binding pics tomorrow.

Could this be the beginning of a new chapter in my quilting evolution? I'd like to think that I will get into the habit of moving from quilt top to quilted top with no lag-time. Gosh. What a goal.

It would be good for me to spend more time at the long arm. I get so rusty with my free-motion moves; if I were to spend extended time quilting, then my quilting would be more pleasing.

Still learning. Gosh.

Hope you are having an awesome Monday! Have a great week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That's one for the record books (at least my record books!). Congratulations. You are obviously developing a real affinity for your longarm - that can mean only good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😍💙💛 I am just in awe! Wow!!
    ❤️SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You have a beautiful quilt and in less than 3 weeks! Enjoy your binding, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!