Saturday, September 22, 2012

Some New Great Grannies

I have been piddling lately. I don't have a "big" project on my agenda, but I am piddling on some smaller things. I continue to enjoy making these Great Granny blocks. Quilt Camp friend Anita commented that she really liked my Kaffe GG, so that sent me digging in my Kaffe stash to make some more! Thanks for the prodding, Anita!





In addition to these 2 Kaffe blocks, I used (mostly) the scraps from my Third Thrifty and made another.



Anita also asked about the pattern I am using. I printed it off the blog of Lori Holt called Bee in My Bonnet. If you click on that link, you will find her tutorial; that is what I've been using.

Basically, you need 2.5" squares for the print portion of your block, and background. (1 center; 4 - first round; 8 - second round; 12 - third round). The background requires 2 different sizes: (12) 2.5" x 3.5" for the sides, and (4) 2.5" x 5" for the corners.

To see my first block and other links to this quilt-along, click here.

I am convinced that there is a danger of becoming addicted, so proceed cautiously!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!