Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Plethora of HSTs

Back in June when I was gearing up for quilt camp, I determined that I would make something with my Kaffe Fassett scraps using half-square triangles (HSTs). It was fun, and I managed to get quite a few blocks made. Click here to review my quilt camp sewing.

When I made my Ten Things This Summer list, one of the items was to continue working on these HST blocks. So I am!

I spent just a little bit of time Monday and Tuesday, and in no time I had about 20 more blocks made.


This is a close-up of 4 blocks. I begin with two 3.5" squares, draw a line on the diagonal, stitch a quarter-inch away on both sides, cut and press open. To get one block I need to have two pairs.


In this picture, I have 12 blocks laid out. Since doing these, I have done 6 or 8 more. I had 45 of them from quilt camp, so I probably have enough of these to make a decent-sized quilt. I now need to make more of the larger HSTs that I will use as alternating blocks.


This picture is from quilt camp; I pulled it to show you what I mean by making the larger HSTs. I have 45 of the larger ones made; I will be making at least 20-25 more. I am motivated to work on them, so I hope to have some more progress to show you soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh wow aren't all those blues and oranges together just striking? Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, so of course I want to make it. However I am in NC so no stash, no dashing up stairs to cut some triangles with Kaffe. Will have to learn to look and not try to duplicate, just appreciate a beautiful work in progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful Jayne. Full of life and colour, and I really think the alternating large blue triangles somehow work to show off the smaller pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!