Tuesday, August 20, 2013

HST Borders

I spent the day sewing at Monica's yesterday - my first time there. I've sewn with Monica several other times, at other people's houses, and I've spoken of her here on the blog. I will show you her lovely quilts soon, and I will show you the various things we worked on, as well.

Today, though, it's all about me. Sorry for being so self-absorbed, but I just have to let you see the HST quilt with its borders.



Several recent comments left here have been encouraging me to finish it up without borders. While I definitely liked that idea, it would have just been too small. That would have meant making more blocks and adding on. I was just not in the mood to do more, so borders were a necessity.

I took this border project with me to work on at Monica's, never expecting it to take the biggest part of the day to complete. However, there was a significant amount of measuring and adding involved. I do struggle with numbers, you know, so it was an involved process.


I love how the dark pink stops the active center of the quilt. I did go ahead and use the leftover blocks for the outer border corner squares. I am pleased with that. The leafy outer border picks up just about every color in the center. So I am very satisfied with this quilt top.


Another finish! Yaa! I still have lots of KF scraps that I want to deal with, so I am next going to be cutting out more tumbler/crumbler blocks to stitch up. One way or another, this mess of scraps will be eliminated!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I can just envision how wonderful it will look in my den . . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt.

    Sorry Nancy, but it's destined for a life in Cumbria where it will look fabulous in my day room {snigger!!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love borders - they complete a quilt to me. Good border choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one who thought it didn't need borders, but I was wrong. The fabrics you used for them just works brilliantly with all the HST's and keeps them under control.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!