Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Birthday

Twenty-one years ago on this date, our youngest was born - Emma Jean. She came into the world about 2 weeks early and only weighed 5 lbs. 15 oz. She was an easy birth, but a worrisome pregnancy. I was 35 years old, and the concern for gestational diabetes was high. The doctors watched me like hawks!

Emma has always been my goofball.
Maybe if she sees this she will send me an attractive picture!
 
She has been living in Athens this summer, so we are not with her to celebrate today. We will go to see her tomorrow and take her out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner where she will order a margarita! I think she is looking forward to it.

I spent a good amount of time in the sewing room yesterday making more curtains for her house, and new pillow cases that match the curtains.


 
Remember these two pillow cases I made last August? Well, these pillow cases are being retired, and the new ones match those curtains you saw a few posts back. Click here to re-read the post about the Kaffe pillow cases. Click here to see the new curtains. 
 
 
The new pillow cases. Not nearly as fun as the KF ones, but they do match the room a lot better.
 
 
This is her bedroom here at home. I put the two new curtain panels across the bed, and added the pillows so that you could see the entire "package." I've sent her pics already, and she approves.
 
So tomorrow afternoon we will deliver the birthday goodies. I have a quilting date on Monday, and a family outing on Tuesday. The week is starting off busy!
 
To counter that busy-ness, I am off now to spend an afternoon with a friend at her pool! Ahhh, relaxing!
 
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. 40 years ago today my second child and first girl, Laura, was born also! Your daughter should love her present...have fun tomorrow. We had a surprise party for Laura last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my profile picture is of us 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter. Enjoy your meal, and the margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Emma! My daughter Amelia has her birthday on August 17th too. She was 10! I can't believe ten years have passed since I had my first child and was a very nervous first time Mum. It all passes way too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!