Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Study in Contrasts

One of the things I find most fascinating about quilts is how a pattern can look so different when made with different fabrics. I have a good example to share with you, although I think the best example is the way our retirement quilts all have their own distinct looks even though all have been made using the same Thimbleberries pattern.

On Monday while I was at Monica's, our hostess was working on this quilt. I do not know the name of it, but she had a pattern and I hope I can get it so that we can document its name and maker.


Big blocks made with big pieces - a nice, fast quilt. She was just whizzing away at them and constructed nearly this entire quilt on Monday.

Now, by coincidence, Cherie, another quilter with us on Monday had the same quilt in her car. Just look at how different hers looks from Monica's.


Cheri's quilt is made with 30's prints. It looks so soft and quaint. Monica's fabrics are largely reproduction/Civil War fabrics. Quite the contrast!

I like the idea of making quilts like this just because you can see such fantastic results so quickly. This pattern might just have to go on a to-do list one of these days!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Se ven muy bonitas. Es un patrón precioso y fácil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se ven muy bonitas. Es un patrón precioso y fácil!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!