Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Quilt Tour of Monica's House

I have done a few "quilt tours" before - Sharon's, Kay's, Terry's, Sheryll's. As mentioned previously, I was at Monica's on Monday, and quilts were everywhere!! I thought you might like to take a little tour.

A corner of the basement sewing room.

Wall-hanging in the sewing room.


This was Monica's first quilt. It hangs in the sewing room.

Compare that first quilt to this! Quite an advancement!

Another wall-hanging for the sewing room.

Courthouse Steps.

On Monica's bed.

Many stars with a sawtooth border - I love it.

Simplicity! Quilts don't have to be uber-complex.

Many small pieces; I would consider this uber-complex,
but mostly it's just time-consuming.

On a large family room wall. Very striking.

Gosh, I love this. So simple and scrappy!

Hanging in the family room.

On a ladder near the entrance.

Dining table where we had lunch.
Love the simplicity of the table runner and placemat.

Another striking quilt; this is in the entry.
Monica entered this quilt in the NQA show that was in Columbus in June.
I wrote about it in this post. It's near the end.

Thrown casually over the couch.

Currently under construction. Wool. I've not ventured there, yet. Many quilters are, however.

There's your tour of Monica's quilty house. She definitely has a flair for the primitive-repro-traditional look, doesn't she? I love them, too.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Me gusta mucho esos diseƱos. Gracias por el tour.

    Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Monica has a quilting showcase in her home. I think I need to set a goal for 2014 to have a quilted something in every room in the house... thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks for the tour! I loved it! I think I need a ladder. ;-) LOL Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing. they are beautiful and definitely spark a little "I gotta make one of those" for me.
    hmmmm....now where is that box of fabric? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tour and thanks to Monica too for agreeing to it. She has some amazing quilts around, but I really think my favourite is the Kings Crown that you also showed us earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!