Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Thing of Beauty

Is a joy forever. That is a well-known poem by John Keats. You can click here if you'd care to read it. Nowhere in the poem is there a mention of a Kaffe Fassett HST quilt, but still...

Even though it still needs borders, I wanted to show you the pictures of my HST quilt. I am so loving it!

I don't know how carefully some of you look at pictures on these blogs, but I will tell you right now that I've discovered not one, but TWO blocks turned the wrong way. Dangit! I had it laid out on the bed and carried them to the machine so carefully!! I will "get the ripper" (there's an inside joke that will make my mother and sister giggle) and correct those wayward blocks.


I turned the bench around the way it is supposed to be (DH moved it when he mowed), but the lighting was better when the sun was behind me. Now the sun is behind the bench and that gives me a shadow. Oh well, it is still a very pretty, lively quilt; I am thrilled with it!

Now I mentioned borders, and frankly, I have not even given that a thought. I suppose at least 2 are called for. I'm thinking yellow and blue. I have some HST blocks left over, so I could use them in the corners. That would be fun. Well, I am off to make some decisions.

Before I close, here's just one more picture of my happy quilt.


Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. 1. I love this quilt.
    2. I like it WITHOUT borders.
    3. I think you should give it to me.
    4. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a thing of joy indeed. And it screams "Happy, happy happy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely a thing of beauty. I'm not even sure it needs borders though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great without borders too. Great colour.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!