Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Beautiful Bride Receives A Quilt

On September 21st, the daughter of close friends married her high school sweetheart. After some deliberation as to a gift, I decided that I would finish up a quilt for Elisa and her groom, Kenny.

Our beautiful bride, Elisa.

The happy couple, Kenny and Elisa.
Elisa is surprised when she opens her quilt. They were just back from their
Punta Cana honeymoon, and opened gifts at her parents' house.

I am told that the quilt is perfect, and they are happy to have it adorning their family room sofa. This quilt was a kit that I made earlier this year. At the quilt-top stage, I hung it in the closet. After mom Cheryl selected this one as most likely to match Elisa's style, I took it to be quilted. I am pleased with the results, and especially pleased that the newlyweds like it.

A happy quilt in a happy home! Yay!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!