Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rainy Day Industriousness

Maybe it just took a rainy day to get me busy in the sewing room. Since I really can't pinpoint a particular reason for my lethargy, a rainy day is as good as any for improving it, I suppose.

I will show you bits and pieces of it, and if you come back tomorrow, I will have the finish - well, as far as I get to the finish. I rather doubt I will actually finish-finish, so . . .


This is a block that I made a long time ago for the Farmer's Wife quilt. I have a good-sized stack of blocks finished for this quilt, but nowhere near what it takes. So anyway, I pulled it out because it is a 6.5-inch block.

Now let me clarify. The blocks are supposed to finish at 6.5 inches. However, typically my blocks never finish at the precise correct size. So, in actuality, this blocks is closer to 6 3/8 inches square. I should have kept digging to find one that was exactly 6.5 inches. But, oh well.

Then I pulled a couple of older fat quarters from my stash, and cut some parts. How long has it been since these were on store shelves??

Blurry - sorry - it's Country Manor by Paula Barnes

 
 Then there was some extensive triangle making. Little, teeny tiny ones, but I didn't need many, so it wasn't too tedious.




Aren't they cute?

So come on back tomorrow to see my rainy day effort!
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!